Sunday, April 18, 2010

What I Have Learned

Over the last 8 weeks we have been learning about the different learning styles. I have heard for years that students do not learn the same. It seemed like every year there was a new way to teach so that everybody could learn. The most important thing is that students can learn if they are engaged in the lesson. That students have to find the lesson important and meaningful to them. Regardless of how they learn if the are engaged and use more of themselves to learn with they will remember what they learn. They will connect with the lesson.

Two goals that I am going to work on are 1. to find ways to use technology with my students to have them be more engaged in the lesson. I want to use things like voice threads for students to talk about art and how it affects them. 2. I want to make more lessons that go across the curriculum and help students see how all things are connected in some way.

I feel it is important for teachers to show students that learning is always taking place. I want them to know you never stop learning and to know the importance of continuing to be open to the new things that come along and enjoy the ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment