Thursday, October 21, 2010

The Game Plan Revisited

I am going to change a little bit the way I plan to reach my goal. On our CreativeBees wiki page I have posted a lesson plan on solving a problem for a community that needs something built. They may need a bridge, a tunnel, a dome, a skyscraper, or a dam and the students have to decide which they want to build and then learn about all the different kinds there are and which one would be the best to build. To use this toward my goal in my GAME plan of collaborating with others I am going to have the students contact an architect and do an interview with them about what ever they are planning on building. The students could get advice and ideas on how to build and why the choice is good or bad. 

I do feel it is good for students to talk to people in the outside world that work in the field they are studying and they can get first had advice from them on the pros and cons of the job. Architecture is a great field and one that is also a part of creating. 

3 comments:

  1. Karen,
    That sounds like a great idea. You may want to work with them and help guide them when they are composing some of their questions. Also, if time permits, maybe you could bring in some guest speakers to come to talk to them after they do their personal interviews. Maybe as a follow up to their initial questions. Good luck with your new plan.
    Karl

    ReplyDelete
  2. Karen,
    I think it is great that you are allowing students to see the importance of community and working together to reach a common goal. I hope that your project is a success. Good luck.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for constructing this blog with great ideas...& spreading to everyone...
    Essay Writing

    ReplyDelete